The benefits of establishing a recycling program at your business are numerous. Not only is recycling good for the earth, it can also save your business money. Below are the top five reasons to recycle at your workplace.
1) Cost Saving Benefits – By recycling more of your organization’s waste, you can save money on garbage services. Recycling also brings cost benefits by inspiring businesses to use resources more efficiently.
2) Corporate Social Responsibility – Informing your customers that you are doing your part to minimize your impact on the planet by recycling is an excellent way to enhance loyalty and differentiate your company from the competition. Green Girl Recycling provides a yearly recycling report, highlighting the resources your company saved.
3) Employee Satisfaction – Boosting employee morale is another benefit of having a recycling program at your workplace. Studies have shown that people like to work for environmental-friendly organizations and are more likely to stay at a company that implements sustainable practices.
4) Environmental Benefits – Recycling at your company reduces greenhouse gases in the atmosphere by sending less garbage to the landfill. It also supplies valuable raw materials, prevents water pollution, and saves energy.
5) Creates Jobs – The recycling industry creates jobs by employing people at every stage of the recycling process. From collection, processing, manufacturing, and reselling, recycling provides a boost to our economy—something every business owner values.