1. Offer Commuting Incentives – Come up with incentives to encourage your employees to use public transportation or car pool.
2. Make Telecommuting an Option – Allowing employees to work from home at least one day per week not only increases productivity, but it reduces office space needs and cuts down on carbon emissions. Everyone wins.
3 . Do an Energy Consumption Audit – Determine the average energy used per square foot in your office and make plans to reduce through equipment modification and use of natural light.
4. Print Less – Paper comprises about 35% of an average company’s total waste stream. Go digital wherever you can!
5. Water Conservation – Manage water use…in the kitchen, in the bathrooms, on the grounds.
6. Make a Green Policy – Raise eco awareness through company policies and self audits. Hold informational meetings.
7. Conserve Resources – Consider materials used across the entire value chain…reduce, reuse, recycle.
8. Packaging – Use as little packaging material as needed and use recyclable and biodegradable materials.
9. Recycling and Waste Reduction – Anywhere there is a trash can, there should be a recycling bin!